Our tournaments are currently on hold as we adapt to conditions dictated by the current pandemic. We hope to soon be turning the corner and reestablishing a tournament calendar. Below was our 2019 tournament schedule:
In 2019 the Mile High Pétanque Club has several Denver tournaments planned. Many tournaments are open to all players. Tournaments costs vary and can be paid by check (see below) or Paypal in advance of tournament day. All of our tournaments this year are at Centennial Gardens except our first one.
- Saturday, April 27th from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. 1st annual Junior Select Doubles (at Bear Creek High School). Free for all participants ages 12-18 years old.
- Sunday, May 19th from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. 7th annual Rocky Mountain Open Select Doubles
- Sat. & Sun. June 22-23 all day. FPUSA National Men’s/Women’s triples. Both men’s and women’s teams will be playing at the same time.
- Sunday, July 21st 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Mixed Doubles 1/2 day tournament (free for all club members)
- Sat. & Sun. August 17-18 all day. FPUSA Regional Singles & Select Doubles
- Saturday, September 7th from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – 13th annual Labor Day Classic. Our 13th edition of the LDC will be a week after Labor Day this year because of the regional singles mid-August.
Mile High Pétanque Club conducts tournaments according to the Swiss Scoring System.
Preregistration for tournaments is necessary either through email or directly through online payment.
For full-day tournaments, teams must register in person on the day of the tournament beginning at 9 a.m. (Mountain Time). Games will begin shortly after 10 a.m.
Morning games will determine seeding for a single-elimination tournament in the afternoon. All teams are guaranteed to play a minimum of four games.
Be sure to bring a sack lunch or picnic under the shade. We will pause for lunch after qualification rounds.
Q: How many different teams play in a pétanque tournament?
A: Pétanque tournaments have varying numbers of teams, from 8 teams in a very small tournament, up to 1800+ teams for very large tournaments.